If you're a nail lover like us, you're likely having manicure withdrawal by now. Not being able to take a bi-weekly trip to the nail salon is definitely a bummer, but we're here to shine a little light on the situation.
There's never been a better time to try your hand at nail art you never knew you could achieve! Check out our step-by-step instructions to create stunning marble nails using IBD gel polish!
- Harmony Gelish Foundation Base Coat
- IBD Just Gel Polish Hot Springs
- Harmony Gelish Top It Off Top Coat
- CND ScrubFresh
- IBD Just Gel Polish Abracadabra
- RealCare Cotton Tips 500 Pieces
- Apply a thin coat of Gel Polish Base Coat, cure 30 sec LED / 2 min UV
- Apply 2 coats of IBD Just Gel Polish Hot Springs and cure after each coat, cure 30 sec LED/2 min UV
- Apply Gel Top Coat, cure 30 sec LED/2 min UV
- Cleanse tacky layer with CND ScrubFresh (or IPA) and a lint-free wipe
- Draw on a squiggle pattern with a sharpie
- Use a cotton bud to drop CND ScrubFresh (or IPA) onto the sharpie tip to break pigment (can use IPA as an alternative)
- Use an old striper brush dipped in CND ScrubFresh (or IPA) to redirect the flow of bleed to create marble design (alternatively you can use a toothpick wrapped in cotton)
- Wait until the CND ScrubFresh (or IPA) completely evaporates
- Apply Gel Top Coat, cure 30 sec LED/2 min UV to seal the sharpie ink using IBD Just Gel Polish Abracadabra and an old striper brush or toothpick, apply faint squiggles from the sides of the nail in a horizontal pattern following the marble.
- Cure for 30 sec LED / 2 min UV If you have gold foil flakes lying around the house then add some to the tacky Gelish polish
- Apply Gel Top Coat cure 30 sec LED/2 min UV to seal in the design
- Cleanse nail with IPA and a lint-free wipe