Turn even the flattest, unruliest brows into bold, defined ones that belong on Instagram!
A new brow trend has landed and we’re absolutely loving it! Say hello to brow lamination a.k.a microblading without the pain! Even the most meh brows can be transformed into wow brows with this trendy new treatment! Brow Lamination is set to rock beauty trends in 2020.
Like a lash lift for your brows, this new service works with your natural hairs but makes them way more memorable. Brow lamination takes mediocre brows and transforms them into Insta-worthy face framers.
Dubbed as 'microblading without the needling', brow lamination is set to take the Australian beauty world by storm. While “lamination” might make it sound as if your brows are about to get glued together with plastic, this is not the case **exhale**. Think of it as a way to tell each brow hair which way to point, giving similar results to the feathering effect of microblading. Each individual hair is given attention, without actually being drawn on. This pain-free brow treatment is perfect for taming unruly brows or to simply bring better shape and definition to your natural brows.
Laminated Brows...We're Obsessed
What is Brow Lamination?
Utilising a specially formulated solution made for eyebrows, the hairs are manipulated to follow a new, more desirable direction.
If you are familiar with a lash lift, you will totally understand how the treatment works. Like a lift, lamination encourages each hair to stay put in a certain way.
A brow lamination treatment starts with a lift cream that softens the hairs, allowing the brow artist to lead them in new directions! Next, a neutralising cream is used to help reconstitute the hair structure and set the brows in their pretty new place.
How Long Does Brow Lamination Last?
A professional eyebrow lamination treatment will tame and keep your brows in shape for usually up to 2 months.
Brow Lamination Tutorial
Where Can I Buy Brow Lamination Products?
Brow Code lamination is coming to Le Beauty! Keep your eye out for them dropping mid December! We are so excited to bring you the tools you need to get these epic brows!
How It Works
Step 1 When the Brow Perming Solution is applied, the chemical process breaks down the bonds within each hair, allowing them to morph and move into a new shape.
Step 2 When the Brow Fixing Solution is applied, the hair bond remodels into the new shape.
Step 3 The Brow Keratin is applied at the end of the treatment to restore moisture back into the brows and skin.
NOTE: The new brow design and shape takes up to 48 hours for the bonds to lock into place and cure. It’s important to emphasise that the client follows the correct aftercare for 48 hours post-treatment.
Brow Lamination vs Brow Perm
The main difference is that a brow perm uses a stronger solution compared to brow lamination. A traditional perm solution can be considered more harsh on your skin and brow hairs compared to lamination.
Brow Code Lustre Lamination Steps
Note: Read all Instructions & Important Information below before starting treatment.
Apply Brow Code Lustre Step 1 - brow perming solution to one brow at a time. Take care to keep solution to hair area only. Cover brows with cling wrap to ensure the hairs are fixed in an upright position. See the timing & hair type guide below to learn how long to leave Step 1 on the brows.
Step 1: 5-8 minutes. No longer than 9 minutes.
Step 2: 5-8 minutes.
Step 3: Client to remove after 2 hours and apply Brow Gold.
HAIR TYPE GUIDE:
Thin or Fine Brow Hairs: 4 - 5 Minutes
Medium or Normal Brow Hairs: 5 - 7 Minutes
Coarse of Stubborn Hairs: 7 - 10 Minutes
- After leaving Step 1 on for your desired time, remove the cling wrap and then by using a dry cotton tip, remove all the solution in an upwards motion leaving no residue. Once clean, add Step 2 - Brow Fixing Solution to both brows together. Cover again using your cling wrap again to fix the hairs into place.
- After leaving Step 2 on for your desired time, remove cling wrap then remove all the solution in an upwards motion using a cotton tip, leaving no residue. Once clean, apply Brow Code Tint (or colour deposit) using the Brow Code 122 Brush for application of colour.
- After waiting for the desired amount of time, remove all the solution then apply Step 3 - Brow Keratin Nourish to both brows. Use a generous amount to ensure this is applied to the hair and skin. Leave Step 3 - Brow Keratin Nourish on the brows for the client to leave with.
- Retail the Brow Code Brow Gold Oil to your client and instruct them to nourish the hair and skin daily.
What should and should not be done 24 hours post-treatment for longevity of results:
- Keep brows dry for 24 hours.
- Use Brow Code Gold Brow Growth Oil daily.
- Do not apply make-up or undertake further eye treatments for at least 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid swimming/sauna/working out for 24-48 hours. Any excess moisture after this time can cause a slight curl/frizz to the brow hair.
- Do not allow prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or heat.
- Do not apply Retin-A, AHA or exfoliate around the brow area for 72 hours either side of the treatment.
- No self-tanning products should be used on the face for one week prior and 48 hours after treatment.