There's no denying that COVID-19 is changing the world as we know it. As news updates and government recommendations change hourly, we're keen to do our part in helping you maintain some sense of normality! If you're an acrylic dip lover, you might be a bit bummed to hear that salons across the country are closing temporarily. Fear not - we're here to help you take matters into your own hands!
With COVID-19 causing salons across Australia to temporarily close, we've got your step-by-step guide to remove your acrylic dip nails at home!
1) Using a coarse grit file such as the Artists Choice Professional Nail File Harbour Bridge 180/180, carefully file the product on the nails down 70 per cent, leaving only 30%. Do this for all nails. This ensures most of the product is filed off and the skin and nails are submerged in the remover solution for the minimal amount of time to dissolve the remaining product.
2) Open the SNS Acetone Resistant Soak Off Manicure Bowl top and in the bowl section, put warm water in and close shut.
3) Pour 1cm of CND Shellac Offly Fast Moisturizing Remover into the top part of the bowl, and place fingers into the remover. Cover with a Towel and wait for 5 minutes.
4) Using a Caronlab Professional Disposable Cotton Round saturate with remover and remove dissolved dipping product layer from the nail plate. If there is residue left, put your hands back into remover and leave them to soak. Repeat this step until nails are clean of product.
5) Shape the nail to the desired shape, round, square, oval etc.. using a finer grit file Artists Choice Professional Nail File Standard 240/240
6) Gently buff the natural nail to smooth out the nail surface and edges using a CND Boomerang Buffer 180/180 Grit.
7) Wash your hands using warm soapy water and dry thoroughly to remove dust debris.
8) Nourish and rehydrate your skin and nail with OPI Pro Spa Nail & Cuticle Oil finished with Lycon Spa Essentials Coconut & Vanilla Hand & Body Lotion.