How to: Remove Acrylic Dip Nails at Home

How to: Remove Acrylic Dip Nails at Home

If you're an acrylic dip lover, you might have always thought removal needed to be done at the salon. However, with the right knowledge and tools, dip removal can easily be done at home! 


1) Using a coarse grit file such as the Rectangle Fine Nail File 180/180, carefully file the product on the nails down 70 per cent, leaving only 30 per cent. Do this for all nails. This ensures most of the product is filed off and the skin and nails are submerged in the remover solution for the minimal amount of time to dissolve the remaining product. 

2) Open the SNS Acetone Resistant Soak Off Manicure Bowl top and in the bowl section, put warm water in and close shut.

3) Pour 1cm of CND Offly Replenishing Nail Polish Remover into the top part of the bowl, and place fingers into the remover. Cover with a towel and wait for 5 minutes.

4) Using a RealCare Cotton Ball saturated with remover and remove dissolved dipping product layer from the nail plate. If there is any residue left, put your hands back into remover and leave them to soak. Repeat this step until nails are clean of product. 

5) Shape the nail to the desired shape, round, square, oval etc.. using a finer grit file Standard Extra Fine 240/240 nail file.

6) Gently buff the natural nail to smooth out the nail surface and edges using a CND Boomerang Buffer 180/180 Grit.

7) Wash your hands using warm soapy water and dry thoroughly to remove dust debris.

8) Nourish and rehydrate your skin and nail with CND Solar Oil Nail & Cuticle Care finished with Lycon Spa Essentials Coconut & Vanilla Hand & Body Lotion.