Isopropyl Alcohol 100%
Isopropyl is a commonly used solvent and cleaning liquid. Also referred to as rubbing alcohol, this chemical solvent is found in many everyday products.
This high purity means it is great for cleaning by simply wiping it onto the surface and within seconds it evaporates off leaving no residue behind. You can use isopropyl alcohol 100% for a variety of applications such as cleaning, disinfecting, cleaning mirrors, stainless, using it for 3D printers, removing sticky residue, cleaning glass, as a hand sanitiser and much more. Isopropyl alcohol is also miscible in water therefore you can dilute it down to suit your needs.
Isopropyl Alcohol can be used for a multitude of uses including: Household, Beauty, Industrial & Gardening
Household & Cleaning
When to use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight (no dilution)
- Use as a household cleaner – great for kitchens, bathrooms, and other surface areas (cleans sticky grime and residue)
- Perfect for cleaning computer screens, phones, iPad screens as it is a non-streaking solution
- General window cleaner
- Removes ink
- Cleans glass
- Venetian blinds
- Stainless steel
- Erasing permanent markers
When to dilute your 100% Isopropyl Alcohol
- When using on granite, wood floors and upholstery (recommend 1/4 Isopropyl Alcohol, 3 drops dish detergent, 1 cup of water and a couple of essential oil)
- When using as a Hand Sanitiser (recommend 3/4 cup Isopropyl Alcohol and 1/4 aloe vera gel)
- As make up brush cleanser (allow to air dry)
- IPA is great for cleaning the surface of nails and producing maximum nail shine (commonly used in the finishing steps of gel manicures to remove the sticky residue layer)
Industrial & DIY
- Alternative to alcohol wipes
- Used for ink painting
- Take paint off vinyl dolls
- Cleans the residue built up on 3D printers
- Great for artists - especially for watercolours and colour dye
- Dissolve windshield frost (recommended 3/4 cup Isopropyl Alcohol and 1/4 water)
- Cleaning mealy bugs from succulents (recommended 1/2 cup Isopropyl Alcohol and 1/2 water)
- Deter fruit flies
- Silk plant and flower cleaner
Percentage Differences in Isopropyl
Isopropyl Alcohol 100% is our most popular grade of Isopropyl. A grade of 90% - 100% offers a greater evaporation rate (dries faster) and is suitable for the majority of industrial users and cleaners. It is often used for disinfecting, window cleaning, stainless steel cleaning and to kill bacteria. The more basic percentage is 70% which is a lower grade that is less harsh when applied to the skin.
Regal By Anh Hoang solvents and removers are sourced from the purest forms of salon based liquid solutions available in Australia. All products are made to professional salon quality and contain absolutely zero fillers.
*all information provided is based on broad recommendations and is not a guarantee as every application is different.