Byron Bay Tea Company Immunity Tea
Byron Bay Tea Company has been blending its healthy brews in Byron Bay since 2005. The signature range has been created by Naturopath and Herbalist, Sarita Merlo. All packaging pieces are either recyclable or re-usable with the pyramid teabags being biodegradable. Organic, Wild-crafted, and pesticide-free ingredients are sourced for their range from growers who employ sustainable farming practices.
Feeling a little stampeded by life revive, renew and revitalise with this unique blend of Eucalyptus, Echinacea, Lemon Myrtle, Licorice and Ginger. A healthy, refreshing tea for busy people to enjoy any time of the day or when you need that gentle lift.
Immunity has been specifically designed to assist with boosting the immune system to help fight infection, reduce inflammation such as hayfever and sinusitis, soothe a sore throat, and, to help ease nasal congestion and coughs.
Ingredients: Echinacea*, Eucalyptus*, Lemon Myrtle*, Elder berries*, Elder flowers*, Licorice*, Rosehips*, Ginger* (*Certified Organic)
- Echinacea (Echinacea Purpurea and Echinacea angustifolia)- helps the body fight infection by stimulating the lymph glands and increasing the production of white blood cells.
- Elder Flowers and Elder Berries (Sambuccus nigra)- Elderflowers are used in the treatment of colds, flu and cattarrhal inflammation of the upper respiratory tract such as hayfever or sinusitis. Elderberries are rich in vitamin C, sweet-tasting and commonly used to treat inflammation, fever and to soothe the respiratory tract.
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus)- assists in clearing the airways and in making breathing easier. It is a traditional remedy for colds, flu, sinusitis and throat infections and may help ease nasal congestion and coughs.
- Lemon Myrtle (Backhousia citrio dora)- has anti-viral, anti-fungal and antiseptic qualities and is useful in the treatment of respiratory illness.
- Rosehips (Rosa rubiginosa)- one of the best natural and freely available sources of vitamin C. Boosting levels of vitamin C helps to fight infection.
- Ginger (Zingiber officinalis)- effective in easing sore throats and encourages perspiration in feverish conditions such as the flu.
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)- soothes the mucous membranes and has a long history of use in helping to ease coughs, sore throats and asthma.
Why Byron Bay Tea?
Byron Bay Tea Company (BBTC) biodegradable pyramid teabags are a product that is literally revolutionizing the way people drink specialty tea. With no compromise on quality, flavour or detriment to your health or the environment- the pyramid teabag has an innovative design that far surpasses the design of its conventional paper teabag counterpart.
Get Better Infusion
Materials Used - BBTC’s pyramid bags are made from corn starch fibres that are woven into a small net-like mesh, creating holes in the bag much larger than conventional paper teabags. These larger holes allow for water to come in contact with more of the tea’s surface area, thus releasing more essential oils and character into the cup.
Unique Triangular Structure - The pyramid style of these bags allows for the tea to move around freely inside. When the tea comes into contact with hot water the leaves naturally move in circles as they heat and cool. This freedom of motion makes a pyramid bag functionally the same as a larger cup or loose leaf infuser, making the high-quality flavour of loose leaf tea conveniently available in a pouch that anyone can brew.
No Compromise on Quality or Taste
Due to its innovative design, the pyramid teabag offers the tea-drinker the convenience of a teabag with no compromise on quality or taste. High-grade, full-leaf teas can be used in these teabags as opposed to the “dust” or “fannings” that are used in conventional teabags. Therefore a more flavourful cup of tea can be enjoyed, and when it comes to herbal teas, more of the active constituents of the herbs and plants can be extracted making them more beneficial to our health.
No Impact on Physical Health
Up until now, the majority of pyramid teabags have been made from nylon or polyamide (a plastic) which was the first purely synthetic fibre and developed in the 1930s. There are two obvious consequences of this being used in teabags. Brewing tea by adding boiling water to a teabag made from nylon could have a serious impact on our physical health.
No Impact on the Environment
Furthermore, Nylon might be a convenient material to make teabags with, cheap to manufacture and long-lasting- but has a major impact on the environment. In an effort to overcome these shortcomings, biochemical researchers and engineers have developed biodegradable plastics that are made from renewable resources, such as plants. Corn starch material is one such example and is used in BBTC’s pyramid teabags.
Colour Disclaimer: We make all reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of our products, including the applicable colours. Please keep in mind that the actual colour may view differently on your screen. If the item has a colour swatch, we have in most cases professionally edited and colour matched to the range, please use them as a guide only. Select carefully and if you are unsure of anything please contact us prior to purchasing. If your order arrives and you are not satisfied with the colour you can send it back using our returns policy - please note that we cannot accept returns for goods that have been opened.