Brows looking a bit worse for wear during lockdown? Turns out brow tinting is totally doable at home! Let our Education Manager Anh walk you through a step-by-step brow tinting tutorial using our best-selling Refectocil brow tints!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
For maximum at-home convenience, we've put together two complete DIY eyebrow tinting kits to get you started! One kit contains liquid developer and the other contains a cream developer. We suggest opting for a cream developer if you are brand new to tinting, as it offers easy mixing and creates a thicker consistency for application.
- Lash & Brow Tinting Kit - Refectocil Tints (in kit)
- Refectocil Oxidant 3% 10 Vol Developer Cream or Liquid (in kit)
- Refectocil Application stick (can use an angled brush) (in kit)
- Cotton Tips
- Cotton Pads
Please note: Do an allergy test (patch test) before the first application, as well as after long periods without tinting.
Step 1 - Preparation
- Clean the brow area using an oil-free make-up remover
- Brush and shape the brow using a brow pencil
Step 2 - Mix & Apply
- Mix 2cm of your Refectocil eyebrow tint colour.
In the IGTV Anh created Deep Dark Brown = mix 1/4 Black 1 + 3/4 Brown 3
- Add 10 drops of Refectocil Oxidant 3% 10 Vol Developer Liquid or 15-20 drops of Refectocil Oxidant 3% 10 Vol Developer Cream and mix into a creamy paste.
Step 3 - Application
- Apply the tint to the lower arch and brush upwards then outwards toward the tail of the brow. Leave on for 5-10 minutes.
Note: work in sections at a time; starting from tail to middle section then blend into the inner section. Use a clean cotton tip to clean and shape the brows immediately to avoid staining of the skin outside of the shape.
Step 4 - Removal
- Remove tint using cotton pads saturated in water.